Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Well, It made it to day two.

I have alot going thru my head right now.

The only constant & sure thing I can cling to is my Savior. That's all I need. I'd pour my heart out here but it might get a bit intense.

So, I will just share the simple parts of my life. After work yesterday, I met up with Chelsea and Larry--who met for the first time. That was fun. Haha. We ate at Chick-Fil-A then headed to Wal-mart to help Larry with his Peru list. I'm pretty sure we saw some airline magazine models.

As we were leaving, we passed a mom and her two daughters. She had two baskets full of things & they were stopped at those twenty five cent toy machine things. She asked us if we had a quarter for two dimes and a nickle. Me and Chelsea began to check our purses and Chelsea handed her one. She thanked us and we walked out the door.

I promise you as soon as I walked out that door, a ton of bricks hit me. I had a crazy intense sinking feeling in my stomach. I would dig thru my purse to find her a quarter but I wouldn't take five minutes to tell her about a Savior who died for her and her girls? How dumb. I knew we had to go back.

I immediately told Chelsea and Larry what I was thinking and we turned around and walked back in. They were still standing there, getting their toys. We stood there super awkward not sure how to approach her. So before I could give myself time to back down, I walked up to her.

I had no idea what to say. It came out like this: "Hey, I know this is really random. But I am a christian and after I walked off I got really convicted that I would take the time to find you a quarter but I couldn't put for the effort to tell you about Jesus. I just want to make sure you know Him."

Then I took a super deep breath because I am pretty sure that all came out in one breath. Haha.

She just smiled and said, "I do know Him. We all know Him actually. We are all saved and we know where we are going. We're relying pretty heavyily on Him these days. He gives that inner peace we all need."

Then I smiled super big. Such a sweet answer. She went on to talk to us about her church and ask us where we went. It was such a blessing.

I say all that to say. If you feel like you need to share Jesus with someone. You do. Don't hesitate. Give them something that's worth so much more than a quarter.

After Wal-Mart, we definitely hit up Steak and Shake for shakes. Then we visited a random park we found by accident. We swung and discussed life. It was very nice.

Larry went back to his own state and I spent the night with Chelsea. I got to sleep until 9:15 which was really nice since I went to bed about 1:30. Due to some not so great reasons.

Work has been pretty uneventful. Delivered some flowers, you know--just normal stuff. It's quiet now and I love it.

Tonight, me, Jenn, and Hallie are going in to pick up our dresses for Kayce's wedding. It's getting super close :D There's talk of a possible patio party with some AO boys. We shall see.

Anyways, I have rambled too too much. I hope that I haven't put you to sleep. Have a splendid day. Be safe and smile.

xoxo
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment