Saturday, July 25, 2009

I am such a slacker. Seriously.

Ok, so it's been forever. I won't bore you with the details of my life since the last post. Honestly, I would be hard-pressed to remember. Haha. Anyways.

It's not even 10 o'clock yet and I have been so convicted this morning. My focus is so off. My eyes are not on Jesus. He is not my first priority. I will never understand how I can neglect the One who died for my sins. Praise the One who paid my debt.

The other day I was reading in Jeremiah and I came across this verse.

"If you have raced with men on foot and they have worn you out, how can you compete with horses? If you stumble in safe country, how will you manage in the thickets by the Jordan?
Jeremiah 12:5
That hit me square in the face. So many times, I get caught up in doing a "thing" for God. I have no idea even what this "thing" is going to be--but in my silly human mind, I know it's going to be big and so great. I just know the Lord is going to be so excited and happy with me. SILLY Lauren.
I read this verse and it was like the Lord was saying to me: "Lauren, dear child. You have not done what I have given you today to do. You get tired doing nothing and stumble on flat ground. How are you going to climb the mountain?"
That's killer. I felt about 2 inches tall. It's so true. I get caught up in the hype of doing this big "thing" for God when I don't even take the small, precious opportunities to share His love. Talk about some conviction. Man.
Anyways, I hope that you are having a great day. Remember how great his love is for you. Let him love you with an everlasting love.
xoxo
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment